Pasta salad with Japanese salted salmon, arugula, and orange juice vinaigrette -
Ingredients (for two)?
- 1 small box baby arugula
- 2 Japanese salted salmon/shiozake or fresh salmon steak
- 1 cup whole wheat fusilli pasta
- 2 tablespoons dried cranberries
- 1/8 cup orange juice
- 1/8 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Preheat the oven to high heat and bake the salted salmon till fully cooked through and the skin turns crunchy, about 10 minutes. Japanese salted salmon fillets can be substitute with fresh salmon steak. Simply sprinkle a thin layer of salt on both sides of the salmon and let it rest for about 10 minutes before baking.
Japanese salted salmon sometimes comes with bones. It's better to inspect the fish with your fingertips see if any pointy bumps present. Make sure to pull out the bones before baking.
Mix all the dressing ingredients for a simple orange juice vinaigrette, pulps are welcomed.
Bring a medium pot of water to a boil and season with some salt. Add in the pasta and cook according to the package instruction. Once ready, drain well and mix with half of the orange juice vinaigrette to prevent sticking.
Toss baby arugula with the remaining half of the vinaigrette and 2 tablespoons of dried cranberries. Gently mix together with fusilli pasta and top the salad with cooked salmon. Grind some black pepper on top right before serving.
Other salad recipes:
- Baby arugula salad with store bought marinated octopus
- Scallop salad with simple shiso dressing
- Inspired by a local restaurant Leputing - my take on beet salad
- Enjoy steak in a less guilty way - served with arugula salad
- Lettuce and prosciutto salad with poached egg
- Utilizing store bought ingredients - smoked duck breast salad