Avocado toast with poached egg and grated Parmigiano Reggiano -
Ingredients (for two)?
- 2 slices rye, sourdough, or other hearty wholesome bread
- 1 small ripe avocado
- 2 eggs
- Some vinegar (I used white wine vinegar)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Some black pepper
- 2 lemon wedges
- Some Parmigiano Reggiano
- Some sale flakes (optional)
Toast the bread slices in the oven till slightly crunchy on the edges.
Halve the avocado and remove the pit. Scoop out the avocado flesh to a bowl and mash it together with 1/4 teaspoon of salt, 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper, and some lemon juice.
Meanwhile poach two eggs. Remember to add a few splashes of vinegar to the water to help the egg better coagulate. Once ready, carefully scoop out the poached eggs and drain the liquid, a slotted spoon will do.
Spread the avocado mixture to the bread slices. Sprinkle some black pepper, perhaps some salt flakes if a saltier taste is preferred.
Top each bread slice with one poached egg. Grate some Parmigiano Reggiano all over.
Serve with fruit or fresh juice on the side to make it a perfect breakfast combo.
Enjoy the runny yolk.
Other sandwich recipes:
- Peanut butter and jelly sandwich 2.0
- Pesto sauce and rotisserie chicken focaccia sandwich (freeze the pesto sauce for future recipes)
- Relaxing morning: smoked salmon and soft scrambled eggs croissant sandwich
- Grilled rye bread sandwich with peanut butter, fig preserves, and Gouda
- Weekend brunch? Try rotisserie chicken with kiwi salsa ciabatta sandwich
- Open faced sandwich with mayonnaise shrimp and avocado
- Grilled cheese with homemade salsa
- Japanese style corn and ham sandwich
- Japanese egg salad sandwich topped with smoked salmon (tamago sando)