Chinese cured pork slices and garlic bolt stir fry -
- 1 pack/100 grams Chinese cured pork slices
- 2 to 3 garlic cloves
- 1 garlic bolt
- 2 red chilies
- 1/8 teaspoon granulated sugar
Slice the garlic bolt diagonally. Peel and slice the garlic cloves. Discard the chili stems and slice the remaining diagonally -
Remove the cured pork slices from the package. If you can find it, substitute with smoked bacon.
Transfer the pork slices to a pot, no need to add any oil. Use medium heat and slowly sear till the fat has been rendered but not over-browning the meat.
Turn up the heat a little bit then add in the garlic slices, garlic bolt, and red chilies. Give it a quick still and cook till the edges of the garlic slices turns slightly browned. Add in the sugar to balance off the saltiness.
Mix well then move to a serving plate -
Note: Cured meat is quite salty so do not add any more salt to this dish, otherwise you might end up searching for water for the next couple hours.
Other Asian stir fry recipes:
- Chinese chive flowers and salted black beans stir fry - wait till you find out this dish's real name
- Taiwanese dried radish and salted black beans stir fry - 辣炒豆鼓蘿蔔乾
- Chinese side dish recipe: spicy cabbage and Matsuzaka pork stir fry
- Pickled small gai choy and ground pork stir fry - 雪裡紅炒豬肉
- Spicy stir fry with thick cut Matsuzaka pork and salted black beans 辣炒松阪豬