Open faced sandwich with mayonnaise shrimp and avocado -
Ingredients (serving for 1~2 portion)?
- 8 medium shrimps (deveined, peeled)
- 2 thick milk toasts
- Some mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon of Sriracha
- 1/2 ripe avocado
- 1/2 lemon zest and juice
- Small pinch of smoked paprika
- Small pinch of cayenne pepper
- Some chopped scallion
- Some salt
- Tiny pinch of black pepper
Heat up the toasts in the oven till the edges turn slightly crunchy. Finely chop the scallion and set aside for later use.
Bring the water to a boil and add in the shrimps. The shrimps get cooked fairly fast, should be less than one minute. Even a little bit underdone is fine since the remaining heat will finish cooking the shrimps.
Wait till the shrimps cool down a little then chop them into bite size pieces. Transfer to a big bowl. Also add in the mayonnaise, 2/3 of the chopped scallion, Sriracha, and small pinch of salt. Mix well.
Scoop out the avocado and transfer to a big bowl. Mix in lemon juice, lemon zest, tiny pinches of salt and pepper, and small pinch of smoked paprika.
Transfer the toasts to a serving plate and top with avocado mixture. Scoop some mayonnaise shrimp over. Garnish with remaining chopped scallion and cayenne pepper.
Served immediately, otherwise the moisture will gradually soak into the toast. It's better to eat it while the edges still remain crunchy.
Even though I finished the whole thing by myself, but the portion is definitely enough for two adults.
Food therapy para mi.
Other sandwich recipe:
- Inspired by the movie "Chef" - here's my version of grilled cheese with homemade salsa
- Summer bites: brioche burger with seared tuna and Sriracha uni sauce
- Light meal recipe - Japanese style corn and ham sandwich
- Japanese egg salad sandwich topped with smoked salmon (tamago sando)
- Turkey burger with two cheeses, sunny side up egg, baby greens, and broiled tomatoes
- Smoked ham sandwich with aioli and Parmigiano Reggiano