Japanese style corn and ham sandwich -
Ingredients (for two people)?
- 6 slices of milk toast or plain white bread
- 1 cup of sweet corn
- 1 cup of cubed ham
- 1/2 cup of Japanese mayonnaise
- Some mixed salad greens and cherry tomatoes (optional)
Toast the bread till lightly browned with or without the crust depending on your preference. The crust can always be transformed as bread crumbs or bread sticks dipped in chocolate sauce later.
Mix together the corn, cubed ham, and Japanese mayonnaise. Use more mayonnaise if desired. You can also add a small pinch of freshly ground black pepper for an extra kick.
Take one toast slice and spread the corn and ham mixture, top with another slice of toast and spread even more mixture over. Lastly, add one more toast slice and cup the whole sandwich in half to get two smaller, rectangular shaped sandwiches.
Serve with some salad greens and halved cherry tomatoes for a more balanced diet!
Other quick and easy recipes:
- Japanese egg salad sandwich topped with smoked salmon (tamago sando)
- Steamed beef balls with chives and napa cabbage