Grilled rye bread sandwich with peanut butter, fig preserves, and Gouda -
Ingredients (1 to 2 portions)?
- 2 rye bread slices
- 2 squares Gouda cheese
- Some creamy peanut butter
- Some fig preserves
- Some olive oil
Slice the rye bread, double the ingredients for two full servings -
Brush one side of the bread slices with olive oil. On the other side, take one slice of bread and spread some creamy peanut butter, the other one with fig preserves. Lay the Gouda cheese on one of the slices -
Combine the prepared bread slices to form a sandwich. Heat up a grill pan and transfer the sandwich over. Panini machine works even better. If using a grill pan, take a spatula and press down the sandwich. Flip when the bread has been heated up and the surface left with beautiful grill marks.
Cut in half -
Serve immediately so the cheese just oozes right in your mouth -
The sweet and savory combo definitely hits the spot. Maybe it's time to pick up more bread and cheese, just in case.
Just in case.
Other sandwich recipes:
- Weekend brunch? Try rotisserie chicken with kiwi salsa ciabatta sandwich
- Open faced sandwich with mayonnaise shrimp and avocado
- Grilled cheese with homemade salsa
- Brioche burger with seared tuna and Sriracha uni sauce
- Japanese style corn and ham sandwich
- Japanese egg salad sandwich topped with smoked salmon (tamago sando)
- Turkey burger with two cheeses, sunny side up egg, baby greens, and broiled tomatoes
- Smoked ham sandwich with aioli and Parmigiano Reggiano
- Rotisserie chicken, strawberry, and ricotta croissant sandwich