Peanut butter and jelly sandwich 2.0 -
- 2 slices plain or wheat toasts
- 2 milky cheese squares
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- Some peanut butter
- Some fig preserve
Lightly toast the bread slices. Take one toast slice and spread some peanut butter; take the other slice and spread some fig preserves or other preferred jelly.
Add 1/2 tablespoon butter to a nonstick pan and turn to medium heat. Once melted, transfer the toast with peanut butter over to the pan, un-spread side down. Quickly add the cheese over then top with the other toast, jelly side down this time.
Sear till the bottom of the toast turned slightly browned, push sandwich to the side and add the remaining butter. Flip the sandwich and sear the other side of the toast till colored. You can also use a grill pan but make sure to press down the sandwich with a spatula for better grill marks.
Slice into smaller serving portions if desired.
It doesn't really show on the picture but the cheese actually oozes into my mouth, giving this creamy sensation on top of salty peanut butter and sweet fig preserves. Only missing a cup of nicely brewed coffee to round up this afternoon snack.
Other sandwich recipes:
- Pesto sauce and rotisserie chicken focaccia sandwich (freeze the pesto sauce for future recipes)
- Relaxing morning: smoked salmon and soft scrambled eggs croissant sandwich
- Grilled rye bread sandwich with peanut butter, fig preserves, and Gouda
- Weekend brunch? Try rotisserie chicken with kiwi salsa ciabatta sandwich
- Open faced sandwich with mayonnaise shrimp and avocado
- Grilled cheese with homemade salsa
- Japanese style corn and ham sandwich
- Japanese egg salad sandwich topped with smoked salmon (tamago sando)
- Smoked ham sandwich with aioli and Parmigiano Reggiano
- Rotisserie chicken, strawberry, and ricotta croissant sandwich