Sweet and savory ciabatta sandwich with smoked ham, brie, pesto sauce, and maple syrup -
Ingredients (for 2)?
- 2 medium basil ciabatta bread (sourdough works just as good)
- 100 grams/0.2 lb smoked ham
- 2 brie chunks (or enough for two servings)
- 2 tablespoons pesto sauce
- Some maple syrup
- Some olive oil
- Some black pepper
- Some salad (optional)
Cube the smoked ham. Refer to my previous post on how to make simple pesto sauce.
Slice the ciabatta bread in half and brush the inside with some olive oil. Heat up a grill pan and transfer the ciabatta over, cut side down.
Press gently to get better grilled marks, but don't overheat the ciabatta because it can turn extra crunchy and hard to chew on.
Take the bottom half of the bread slices and top with chunky brie, which can be substitute with two brie squares per serving. Transfer to a baking dish then into the oven. Turn to high heat and wait till the cheese starts to ooze. The brie might not appear as melted when heated up, but you can poke it with a fork to check if the cheese has softened.
Once ready, remove the baking dish from the oven. Spread out the cheese if using chunky version.
Top the bottom bread slices with smoked ham cubes and sprinkle some black pepper. Drizzle some maple syrup and pesto sauce over. Put the top section of the bread slices on the side.
Serve with salad to complete a balanced meal.
Other sandwich recipes:
- Peanut butter and jelly sandwich 2.0
- Pesto sauce and rotisserie chicken focaccia sandwich (freeze the pesto sauce for future recipes)
- Relaxing morning: smoked salmon and soft scrambled eggs croissant sandwich
- Grilled rye bread sandwich with peanut butter, fig preserves, and Gouda
- Weekend brunch? Try rotisserie chicken with kiwi salsa ciabatta sandwich
- Open faced sandwich with mayonnaise shrimp and avocado
- Grilled cheese with homemade salsa
- Japanese style corn and ham sandwich
- Japanese egg salad sandwich topped with smoked salmon (tamago sando)
- Smoked ham sandwich with aioli and Parmigiano Reggiano
- Rotisserie chicken, strawberry, and ricotta croissant sandwich